Day 8 – I wanted to have an Opt-In Form on my site by this time
I have been trying so hard to achieve this, maybe trying too hard. Every day for the last week I have been making great strides, covering new ground and achieving great heights, and now it seems like I’m not achieving anything.
Writing this blog post has opened my eyes. After just 2 sentences I realised what I was doing to myself. Every day can’t be a day of great achievement. That is one sure fire way of burning out…. at a spectacular rate. Some topics are easier to grasp than others. None of this is particularly hard – it is simple as long as you can break it into simple steps. In order to put a banner ad on a page you have to understand several things and me writing them out here will give me a simple check list to follow
- I had to understand the difference between an opt-in page and and opt-in form
- I had to understand the form had to be stored somewhere
- The opt-in form has to have some form of tempting offer to make people want to give their email address to me
- So the opt-in form has to have an offer at the back of it
- The email address that is given has to be entered on my mailing list so I can keep the person’s details for future reference
- After the person has received their free gift, I possibly have to have a bonus gift that I can give them and last but not least …
- It has to send them to a Thank You page – because good manners cost nothing 🙂
So, armed with this list – this outcome will be my target for tomorrow.
Signing off – If you stop by — please leave a comment and say hi….